Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Continuing the agony

So, is writing a story supposed to be as agonizing as it is for me? Am I alone on this one? Does anybody else experience this? I'm not talking about writer's block - I'm talking about the simple, lazy at my core, I'd-rather-listen-to-music-on-Pandora-than-write-this-story type of agony. When I actually muster the discipline to sit down and begin to write, the lines flow and the story develops rather quickly. Some are amazed that I pen as quickly as I do. I, on the other hand, am constantly wondering if it's any good, no matter how fast or how slow I write!

Yesterday was a day of some discipline, so I have uploaded a few more pages to the story. Check it out here: Samuel's Umbrella. Please let me know what you think - and if you think there is any hope. Please, be brutally honest. I'm not interested in wasting my time on something that I'm ultimately not any good at. If there are seeds of potential, then let me know that too.

OK, writing this blog has given me some renewed discipline - I'm off to write a little more!! Wish me luck!

No comments: